Monday 9 November 2009

What have you been doing?


Really? What have you been up to? Well I have been keeping myself very busy indeed..
As you will see, Im very good at starting the jobs, just not so great at completion. Here is a great example of how i LOVE to get a new craft piece underway!

The budgies here are made from felted wool, i love them, my fave is the green one, but they still need another friend).

Next is my finished stray sock alien (made for mummy) and his friend (the dancing, faceless, cat). I love these comfy cosy friends, so cute and really quick and easy to make!
I say quick and easy, but i still have this cute cat without a face (ah poor puss)!






And then this weekend I received a parcel from my wonderful sister, which was full of wool, a project bag and some stitch markers and how could I just put them to one side - it was not possible! So i went ahead and decided to start a new knitting project......




The wool is Rowan Spray and the pattern is from Rowan's Urban Streets and is called Sassy! Its a big poncho type sweater (great to throw on in this chilly weather)!
And finally, the resin creations :-) All sorts of different pendants and decorations that i have covered again in another layer of resin to create the glass effect (hours of research spent looking into how to make these babies shine!)


The main stars in the middle are for my Sister's Christmas tree, so time is running out to get these sent to USA before the day we dress the tree (3rd Dec).....
This, you see, is the reason I never have time to blog!!! I dont know how I even find time to work (if only I could win the lottery). Ah well for now, at least I can dream about being able to make a million pounds with this lot, and give up work!

Dreams! :-)






5 comments:

  1. Wow sis you have been mega busy! Everything looks fabulous. The felted birds are super cool! Great colours too. Love, love, love the alien/sock creatures (with or without faces) - I didn't know you did this??? Glad the yarn arrived and that your lovely project is underway. And yay for my Christmas tree sparklies. I can't wait!!! Love you mucho xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to make a bloody blog just to comment you.



    Here you go, i'm commenting just for you :-) you do not understand how much i rattled my brain and scowered this page to find the comment button, got really frustrated! "This, you see, is the reason I never have time to blog!!! I dont know how I even find time to work", cough cough, CAFE WORLD. You could write a collection of novels with the amount of time you spend on caffe world, but stay on it because i want to beat you forever. I noticed the daisy resins in the picture, and i remember being sat there with you makeing them! they are b-e-a-yooooooootiful and you need to bring them to work and show me, i haven't yet seen the final cration. Love love love the budgies they're adorable. I also spy an "L" resin in that collection, cough cough my name is LYDIA with an L ;-) So yes, i love your blog, it's fantastic, i love your resins, they are beautiful and amazing (you'll be a millionaire) and i love you for being ss and sitc. tralalala laterssss! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god @ my spelling.
    *making
    *creation

    :$ embarrassed face, A* english student NOT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good. Keep it up. Tree day today - cant wait to see if there are any decs for me. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been way too long since your last post sis. Hmmm need to get posting about those gorgeous decs that you sent to me.

    ReplyDelete